In a press release on February 22, 2013, Square Enix announced that Tomb Raider developer, Crystal Dynamics, has released the required and recommended PC hardware specifications for the upcoming title. The game is slated for release March 5, 2013 on Xbox and PlayStation 3.
The PC version is being developed in conjunction with log-time partner, Nixxes, a collaboration which spans over a dozen PC titles and dates back 15 years.
Jurjen Katsmand, Director of Nixxes had this to say;
“The team at Crystal intended to make the game of their careers and we are extremely proud of the part we have played in the project’s development.”
Tomb Raider for the PC platform has been extensively optimized to take advantage of all the platform has to offer, such as full Steamworks integration, high-resolution textures, shadows, cloths, and improved SSAO and post-filter effects.
Matt Skynner, Corporate Vice President and General Manager of AMD Graphics added this comment in the press release;
“AMD Graphics and Crystal Dynamics have partnered to capture the realism of one of video gaming’s most iconic characters, Lara Croft of the TOMB RAIDER franchise. By leveraging the power of AMD Radeon™ and Graphics Core Next, Lara and her environment have come to life like never before.”
The games enhanced PC Features include;
• Full integration with Steamworks to offer cloud storage for saves, multiplayer matchmaking, achievements, as well as automatic updates and new content.
• Support for Steam Big Picture Mode.
• Configurable mouse and keyboard support.
• Gamepad support.
• Very high resolution textures with up to 16x the amount of data
• Detail Tessellation to enhance the detail on many surfaces in the game
• Higher quality shadows
• High quality bokeh depth of field with near-blur
• Tessellation algorithms used to smooth out geometry
• Improved cloth, SSAO, quality wetness effects, and post-filter effects.
• LOD quality is adjustable for better quality on higher-end machines.
• Crystal care about TR fans being able to run on older systems, unlike many other games they still support Windows XP.
• A lot of scalability options to suit a range of machines.
The full list of PC minimum and recommended system requirements are as below;
Minimum system requirements for PC
• Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows Vista,7,8 (32bit/64bit)
• DirectX 9 graphics card with 512Mb Video RAM:
•AMD Radeon HD 2600 XT
• Dual core CPU:
•AMD Athlon64 X2 2.1 Ghz (4050+)
Intel Core2 Duo 1.86 Ghz (E6300)
• 1GB Memory (2GB on Vista)
Recommended system requirements for PC
• Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
• DirectX 11 graphics card with 1GB Video RAM:
•AMD Radeon HD 4870
nVidia GTX 480
• Quad core CPU:
•AMD Phenom II X2 565
Intel Core i5-750
• 4GB Memory
For more information, visit any of these links;
Official Homepage: www.TOMBRAIDER.com
Official Twitter: @TOMBRAIDER
Official Facebook page: http://facebook.com/TOMBRAIDER
Official Tumblr: http://officialTOMBRAIDERblog.tumblr.com/
Official YouTube Channel: http://youtube.com/TOMBRAIDER