Earlier today, Shinji Mikami and his team at Tango Gameworks have requested additional time to balance and refine their latest horror title, The Evil Within, to deliver the polished, terrifying pure survival horror experience they have set out to create. The new launch date for the North American audience is set for October 21st, Australia on October 23rd, and throughout Europe on October 24th, 2014.
But this bit of bad news is followed up with the announcement of The Evil Within’s pre-order incentive – The Fighting Chance Pack. This pack provides players with a handful of additional in-game items that will help keep death at bay. The Fighting Chance Pack includes:
- Medical Kit – A vital health enhancement to enable Sebastian to fight on.
- Green Gel – Used to upgrade Sebastian’s attributes.
- Double Barrel Shotgun and Three Shells – A larger and more formidable shotgun than the regular shotgun, it’s useful for tight situations with multiple encroaching enemies.
- An Incendiary Agony Bolt – Capable of showering nearby enemies with damaging fire sparks.
- A Poison Agony Bolt – Will draw enemies towards it and poison them, allowing Sebastian time for a quick escape.
The Evil Within is in development for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and PC.