So if you’re wondering exactly what the breakdown is for the New Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, look no further. Square Enix is getting ready to drop Lara right back where it all began for the second time. But there are some noticeable changes this time around.
Lara Croft in unprecedented detail:
– An all new face and head for Lara, handcrafted exclusively for next-gen!
– TRESS FX technology that delivers realistic hair simulation and motion for the new Lara
– Increased polygon body density with new sweat, mud and blood materials and effects
A world in constant motion:
– Underbrush reacts as Lara passes by, wind whips tree branches and tattered cloth around, rain pierces through searchlight beams as individually lit particles
– All texture resolutions have been increased by over 4x for maximum detail
– In-game characters have been enhanced for added realism
– Subsurface scattering technology literally renders the world’s beauty beyond skin deep
– Native 1080p gameplay for outstanding visual fidelity