With the upcoming release date for the next Ridge Racer title release approaching fast. Namco Bandai the publishers behind the game announced details as to what the preorder edition and special edition will contain. The new Ridge Racer game entitled “Ridge Racer Unbounded “, will come in a standard edition and a special edition form called “Day One Edition”. The day one edition will be available at the same standard retail price and will come with 3 extra cars and 5 new NAMCO paint jobs. The 3 extra cars are said to bring more wall-shattering variety and driving choice of the roster of cars already included in the game. The extra cars will be:
- The Ghoster – A low rider coupe with an electric blue finish
- The Immortal – A sleek red super beast
- The Road Wolf – A classic red coupe inspired by cars of the 60’s that are sure to eat up the competition.
Along with these 3 additional cars the day one edition will contain 5 NAMCO styled paint jobs, one each designed to represent the leading game title releases and only available on certain cars. All of the paint jobs can be used across the whole of the game single player and in online multiplayer. These paint jobs are based upon:
- Eat up competition with the PAC-MAN skin for the KingHawk GT
- Blast your way to the finish sporting the GALAGA skin for the Hurricana CX
- Like to play dirty, why not knock you competition out of the race with the TEKKEN skin for the Crimson GT
- Use your car as a weapon while using the SOULCALIBUR skin for the Wolfseye GT
- Pull of some slick moves and show your in control with the ACE COMBAT skin for the Sylvian Type 8
Those who choose to preorder the game from GAME stores or online at game.co.cc will get their hands on even more cars, with six killer cars lining up to smash their way into Shatter Bay.
This latest addition to the Ridge Racer franchise will keep to the tradition with turbo charged action and full environment and vehicular destruction, along with adding some new features. The City Creator lets the players design their own tracks and can share their creations with the online community. Along with presenting players with a new car selection that ranges from vintage muscle cars to sleek sports cars, players will be in a fuel injected rage as they take every alley and street corner in Shatter Bay with destructive racing.
The single player mode follows players trying their best to impress the leader of the Unbounded gang, Kara Shindo, and grow their street cred. A few modes of this include Domination Race; which encourages players to destroy anyone and anything, and Survival Race; where players are provided one car and one chance to avoid destruction to finish first place. Players are not only able to race in single player, they are also able to showcase their driving skills online against racers worldwide in a multitude of game modes.
Ridge Racer Unbounded is set to be released on March 27th in the US for Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and Windows PC.