Recently Deep Silver announced the first piece of DLC for the highly successful Metro: Last Light entitled the ‘Faction Pack’. Instead of adding to Artyom’s main storyline, the ‘Faction Pack’ will cast players into the boots of three separate specialists from each of the warring factions inside the metro. The DLC will include new weapons, new locations with the return of classic locales, three unique gameplay challenges, and the return of a malicious mutant!
- Infiltrate a heavily guarded Reich Outpost as a Special Detachment Sniper of the Red Line under the cover of a deadly radioactive storm.
- Armed with some of the most devastating pieces of firepower, defend the frontlines as a Reich ‘Heavy’.
- And as green Polis Ranger, explore an immense Library hiding relics and artifacts of the past. Exchange salvage for filters and other necessities to further your decent into the Library. But be advised; make sure to leave a trail to follow back lest you wish for and untimely end.
The Faction Pack will go for $4.99 or 400 Microsoft Points, but if you purchase the Metro: Last Light Season Pass you will get this pack and all future DLC for a discounted price of $14.99/1200 Microsoft Points. Also, only with the Season Pass, you will receive the exclusive Abzats weapon.
The Faction Pack will release worldwide on Steam, Xbox LIVE, and PlayStation®Network on July 16th in North America and July 17th throughout the globe.
As an added bonus, Deep Silver has announced some information about the rest of their upcoming DLC packs.
- Go against your friends and others around the world in a challenge based game mode with the ‘Tower Pack’. With an online Leaderboard, players will fight their way up the combat simulator known as The Tower.
- The ‘Developer Pack’ provides a fully stocked Shooting Gallery, AI Arena and Metro Museum. Also included is a new solo mission, The Spiders Nest, where you must deal with an infestation of Spider mutants using some new tools for the job.
- And lastly the ‘Chronicles Pack’ lets you know the side story while Artyom was away by letting players control three of the game’s standout characters – Pavel, Khan and Anna.