Blue Giant Interactive released some new details and screens about the “Zali”, a machine based faction in their new title Tryst. Tryst is a real-time strategy about human colonist battling their use to be allies, the Zali.
The Zali, although appearing to be simple mechanical life forms, are not mindless. They actually are highly evolved and follow a strict code of ethics. Choosing to play the Zali means that you will have to rely on the “Ethos or Paths” mechanic. You will have three separate paths to pick from, all which correspond to a different game style. Luckily, the Zali can develop in almost any manner.
The three Paths:
- The Path of Silence: this path focuses on stealth and mobility upgrades for units.
- The Path of Strife: this path considers going on the attack the wisest course of action.
- The Path of Preservation: this path is for those players that prefer to ‘turtle’ – Lying patiently while waiting the perfect time to strike.
- Discipline & Dedication: You can choose to focus on an Ethos path or disperse your abilities.
- We are One: You can merge different units together, creating stronger machines.
- No Right Path: Whether you choose multiple temples or stick to one you will be guaranteed the abilities and units you choose will ensure there is never one way to play.
- Never Back Down: So your enemy got you. No big deal Specialized units and specific upgrades give you the ability to evolve.
Despite the numerous options the Zali are an excellent race for beginners.