In exactly 2 days you can get your hands on the highly anticipated game Lollipop Chainsaw. And even though it seems like an eternity since they announced it last August the wait is finally almost over.
Lollipop Chainsaw is an action packed zombie game, brought to us by the creative minds of the people at Suda 51, Grasshopper Manufacture, Kadokawa Games and is being distributed under Warner Brother Games. It is the tale of a High School Cheerleader, Juliet, with a secret. Juliet comes from a family of Zombie hunters and she is on a mission to discover what caused the zombie outbreak.
Here is what we know:
1) We have a Killer Heroine named Juliet Starling who is not only a super cute Cheerleader but a Zombie hunter. She loves Strawberry Lollipops and is equipped with a pink chainsaw.
2) There is an Edgy Storyline. And of course this means you must have an excellent writer. There really is nobody better equipped than James Gunn, known for his screenplay Dawn of the Dead.
3) Juliet has awesome Combat skills and Weapons! Being a cheerleader has its benefits. Juliet can string together devastating combo moves combining her cheerleading acrobatics and chainsaw skills that create skull-crushing devastation.
4) Epic Voice Over Cast such as Zed; Jimmy Urine of “Mindless Self Indulgence”, Swan; Sean Gunn, Juliet Starling; Tara Strong, Juliet’s Boyfriend Nick; Michael Rosenbaum, and Vikke; Michael Rooker.
5) Awesome Music that has been originally composed by Akira Yamaoka; known for his work on the Silent Hill series, as well as a soundtrack that is to die for that can be viewed here.
6) Rated M for mature. How can you have a zombie game without sex, violence, blood, gore and of course potty mouth!
Lollipop Chainsaw is available for both Xbox 360 and the Playstation 3. It is rated M for mature and will available June 12th. Make sure you stay tuned for IRB’s Lollipop Chainsaw Review.
Craving a little Lollipop Chainsaw right now? Check out the Zombies of rock video below.