Campaign wise, Halo 4 continues 5 years after the events of Halo 3. The Covenant are still a threat to the Chief but another ancient evil far greater has made its way onto the scene. The game takes place on the Forerunner world Requiem so its only logical to assume we will be facing the Forerunners this time around. In a bigger highlight, 343 has been very generous with the multiplayer details.
A new mode called “Spartan-Ops” will be included in the game as a bonus episodic campaign experience that flows along-side the main story. Spartan Ops can be experienced either solo or in a 4 player co-op experience. The story revolves around the lives of the UNSC Infinity leaders and crew, and a new team of Spartans – Majestic Squad. To help form the story, cinematic episodes will drop onto Xbox Live to help provide the backdrop for weekly SpartanOps gameplay missions in Halo 4. It’s essentially two exciting campaigns for the price of one!
Halo 4’s competitive multiplayer in is now entitled “War Games”. 343 stated that “War Games” will “take place on the combat deck of the UNSC Infinity and revive the visceral and immersive experiences that Halo multiplayer is famous for. Halo 4 introduces fresh new game modes and strategies to help you progress your Spartan-IV career, while also delivering an experience that’s still distinctly and uniquely Halo.” This was all they had to say on the matter but we can only hope that the new backstory setting the multiplayer will allow for unique maps and explosive experiences.
Halo 4 is slated to have new multiplayer modes, load-out/armor customization, armor abilities, weapons, vehicles, and player progression system. This time around Spartan progression will go much deeper then the aesthetics alone. Halo 4 will give you a wider range of look and play-style customization opportunities then any Halo game before it. Players can earn and activate combat enhancements called “Specializations” based on the style of play they engage in, from stealth, to all-out assault, and everything in between.
Halo 4: Limited Edition is now available for pre-order.
Available for $99.99, the “Halo 4” Limited Edition includes:
· WAR GAMES MAP PACK ACCESS – The Limited Edition includes access to nine maps – three future competitive multiplayer map packs, each including three locations, available for download post-launch on Xbox LIVE. (A detailed release schedule for the map packs will be announced at a later time.)
· SPECIALIZATIONS – Receive early access to six Specialisations, available at launch on Xbox LIVE, to achieve higher ranks in your Spartan career. In addition to gaining access to new ranks, Specialisations unlock new customisation options. Purchasers of the “Halo 4” Limited Edition will get access on launch day, while others will have to wait as Specialisations are released over time.
· The Limited Edition also contains the UNSC _INFINITY_ BRIEFING PACKET, which includes an armour customisation schematic, a blueprint of the massive ship itself, and insight into what it means to be one of humanity’s finest warriors: the Spartan-IVs.
· BONUS DIGITAL CONTENT THROUGH XBOX LIVE: Unique in-game Spartan-IV armour skin, Unique in-game weapon skin for the Assault Rifle , An exclusive in-game emblem, Xbox LIVE Avatar prop, and Xbox LIVE Avatar Spartan-IV armour set.
· “HALO 4: FORWARD UNTO DAWN” SPECIAL EDITION – An extended 90-minute version of the live-action digital series that will bring the “Halo” universe to life as you’ve never seen it, and provide an enthralling backstory leading up to the events of “Halo 4.” “Halo 4” Limited Edition also includes the following exclusive videos:
* Bonus in-fiction content expanding the characters and stories of “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn”
*Special Featurette _: Bringing Gaming into Reality_
* Making of “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” “HALO 4: FORWARD UNTO DAWN” – A GROUNDBREAKING LIVE-ACTION DIGITAL SERIES Premiering this October on a soon-to-be-announced Machinima channel on YouTube, and on Halo Waypoint, “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” is a live-action digital series that takes fans back to the terrifying beginning of the Human/Covenant war, when the Master Chief inspired a young cadet who would eventually become a leader aboard the UNSC’s greatest vessel: the UNSC _Infinity_. “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” tells a story leading into the events of “Halo 4,” the biggest entertainment event of 2012.
A standard edition is also available for pre-order for $59.99. Be sure to pre-order and get your hands on some of the Limited Edition’s contents. Don’t hesitate and head on over to your favorite retailer and reserve the edition that best fits you.