At the beginning of E3, EA announced the gameplay features for EA SPORTS™ UFC. Powered by Ignite technology, feel the fight as the action and intensity inside the Octagon™ are fully realized in ways that were never possible in games before. The next generation of mixed martial arts fighting begins spring 2014 of the Xbox One and PlayStation® 4.
“We are very excited to deliver the most realistic fighting experience ever achieved,” said Dean Richards, General Manager, EA SPORTS UFC. “With a talented and experienced team at the helm, and powered by EA SPORTS IGNITE, we’ve created a gameplay feature set for EA SPORTS UFC where every fighter, every strike, every takedown and submission will bring you inside the Octagon like no game ever has before.”
“I couldn’t be more excited about the work that the team at EA SPORTS has done on the upcoming UFC game,” said Dana White, President, UFC. “It’s been a great partnership and even though it is still early in development, the game looks amazing. It will be groundbreaking! Fans of all combat sports will love it and have a lot to look forward to in the spring of 2014.”
EA Sports UFC Gameplay Features:
- MMAi – Every licensed fighter in EA SPORTS UFC will have goals and fight plans based on their real-world counterparts. A smarter opponent means a more challenging and unpredictable opponent.
- Real-time exertion – A fight in the UFC is one of the most physically demanding sports on the planet. Real-Time Exertion will show players the effort behind every move as veins pop, skin discolors and muscles flex.
- Fighter likeness and facial animations – EA SPORTS UFC will feature licensed fighters created from HD 3D body scans to deliver an unbelievable character likeness and authenticity. Powered by EA SPORTS IGNITE, the technology behind the facial animations will allow for greater expression for a greater communication of awareness and intelligence.
- Full body deformation – Simulation of physical contact barely made contact and behaves in an unbelievable fashion. The team that revolutionized Fight Night physics has done it again with an all-new, full body deformation system that displaces a fighter’s flesh in real-time. The power behind your punches will truly make an impression.
- Precision movement – MMA is a sport where every step counts. Using IGNITE, the Precision Movement locomotion system allow for the realistic move and step of your fighter, eliminating slipping or sliding. More realistic physics delivers realistic action.
- Dynamic striking – Mixed martial artists use the environment to their advantage and you can too for the first time in a UFC game. Pull off amazing moves using the Octagon and combine abilities with the best striking technology that one perfect strike could end the fight.
- Strategic submission battles – A fighter must be dominate on his feet and on the mat. EA SPORTS UFC created a battle that captures the strategy of a submission battle. Like the real sport, fighter will work through multiple stages to advance or escape a submission.
- Real damage – EA SPORTS UFC introduces a damage system that can result in big damage from a single strike. The system provides greater variety of cuts and contusions that once was no possible in games till now.