If you can dream it you can do it… And that is what Disney Interactive has done with their upcoming title Disney Infinity. Now I know what some of you are probably thinking “that is just like Skylanders!” And well you’d be right. To a point. But it is everything Skylanders isn’t. It is Disney! Walt Disney is well known for some of the best kids movies of all time. And that is debatable as I have yet to see a Disney movie I did not like.
“It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.”
So here’s the low down.
In Disney Infinity players will get to experience a whole new game universe where they can play as their favourite Walt Disney and Pixar characters as well as create stories with endless opportunities. You will place your ‘real-world pieces onto a base that will activate a specific story connect to the piece. These pieces are figurines, power discs and landmarks. That not only allow you to play an original story in game but also double as cool action figures for your home.
The original “Play Sets” for the game are Monsters University, Pirates of the Caribbean and The Incredibles. Players will take on the role of one character from each play set; Sully, Jack Sparrow and Mr. Incredible, to battle their enemies, solve puzzles and so much more. As you play through the game you unlock/collect other characters, upgrades, vehicles etc that will be saved to your “toy box”. The Toy box can be accessed at any time to create your very own one-of-a-kind Disney adventure. Bringing to life the Disney theme “If you can dream it you can do it.”
Here are the Key FEATURES:
- Creative Play: The “Toy Box” combined with an open world environment, allowing you to create your own stories and customize your own adventures.
- Infinite Storyline Possibilities: Since Disney is all about stories they have decided to put the story creation in your hands.
- Across All Platforms: A whole new world that features toy inspired art where characters can exist and interact in one game and across Xbox360, PS3, Wii, Wii U, PC and online.
- Interactive Figures Activate In-Game Adventures and Customizations:
- You will originally be introduced to 40 collectible interactive figures. This combines characters, landmark pieces and power discs. Similar to that of DLC you be able to expand your play experience over time.
- There will be 17 interactive character figures, such as Sully, Mike, Jack Sparrow, Davy Jones, Mr. Incredible etc.
- 3 Landmark pieces that add new “Play Set” locations.
- 20 power discs. These will enhance the environments and add cool gadgets.
- Co-op Multiplayer Action: Disney Infinity will support 2 player co-op play in structured adventures and up to 4 players in the “Toy Box” mode.
“You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.”
So with all that being said I am sure you are wondering how much and when. Disney Infinity is $74.99 and includes the 3 figures; Sully, Jack and Mr. Incredible, a power disk and a free character of your choice when you pre-order at participating locations. Disney Infinity releases August 18th for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii, Wii U and PC.
So even though you may spend a ‘little’ money with this title, hakuna matata, I am sure you will love it. It is after all our problem-free philosophy!
Now all I need is to see some of my all time favourite classic Disney characters and that will be my favourite day.