Available exclusively for the Xbox One, Dead Rising 3 is set 10 years after the events that occurred in Fortune City in Dead Rising 2. The third installment takes place in the city of Los Perdidos that has been completely overtaken by the undead scourge. As the resourceful mechanic Nick Ramos you must use all you can get your hands on to simply survive a few more moments to against the never-ending zombie onslaught.
- A darker story of survival in a massive open world – The celebrated zombie blockbuster tells a deeper and more personal story of characters and their fight to see another day. The city of Los Perdidos features a massive and dynamic world bigger than the previous games combined! Powered by the Xbox One, Dead Rising 3 achieves a new benchmark for open-world gameplay and allows you to explore the ravaged city of Los Perdidos seamlessly, keeping you immersed in the stunning next-gen action. With a legion in the millions you must incorporate all of your skills as smarter zombie AI will force you to constantly stay on high alert.
- The ultimate zombie sandbox – Everything is a weapon in a fight against the undead. Put your skills as a mechanic to use as you can create a near limitless amount of combo weapons without a workbench! Combine a pistol and a flashlight for a tactical weapon against zombies that prowl in darkness or if the bludgeoning power of a sledgehammer and the sharp blades of table saw are not enough individually you can fuse them together to create the devastating Sledge Saw – only one of hundreds of possible combinations! And as the world of Dead Rising grew so did the importance of vehicles. But even in “safe” confines of a car can’t protect you from zombies clinging onto your car and attack you while you drive!
- Easy to play, hard to master – Dead Rising 3 features deep and accessible gameplay to anyone who loves open-world games. With the ability to explore the game at your own pace without time constrainsts, a new streamlined save system and other improvements, Dead Rising 3 is the most accessible title in the series yet.
But for those looking for a classic Dead Rising experience, hardcore players will encounter menacingly more difficult zombie in Nightmare Mode where time is against you and the countdown clock never stops. With countless zombies roaming the streets of Los Perdidos, Dead Rising 3 offers near-limitless zombie encounters and missions within a multitude of settings, and as you progress, combo weapons become even more powerful.
- Unlimited co-op action – Team up with a buddy over Xbox LIVE through online co-op for endless zombie-smashing action with the ability to jump in or out of the action at any time using asynchronous matchmaking. Along with helping a friend in need you’ll also earn experience points for your own game!
- Immersive Xbox SmartGlass and Kinect integration – Dead Rising 3 introduces pioneering Xbox SmartGlass features that will expand the dual-screen experience and reimagine couch co-op gaming on Xbox One. Xbox SmartGlass transforms your compatible tablet or phone into a Zombie Defense and Control PDA. Swamped by the zombie horde from all sides? You or your buddy can call in an airstrike to bail you out. Ready to start a new mission? Incoming in-game calls and text messages deliver “live” briefings through your Xbox SmartGlass-enabled phone or tablet.
Xbox SmartGlass also allows you to keep track of your progress with a mission checklist and a map that helps locate hidden items and locations, and even features a news ticker of real-time updates on the zombie outbreak in Los Perdidos.
In addition, with Kinect, the zombie horde can hear beyond the screen and respond to noises inside your living room for a more immersive experience. Use motion controls to fight your way out of grapples and use voice commands to control your survivor posse and even taunt your enemies!