Konami Digital Entertainment, INC has recently announced it’s upcoming title PES 2014 will feature a whole new Engine. This whole new engine, titled FOX Engine, has been in development for years and is said to both extend and enhance the extensive demands for the new Soccer title.
The FOX Engine will allow every single part of PES 2014 to be completely re-done, improving on previous limitations to graphics; like animations and AI. This has allowed the team to rework every single element in PES giving fans of the series a “fresh and energetic” standard for the series. This is said to better mimic the skill of the players.
With that being said, here are some key features you can expect to see in PES 2014:
- TrueBall Technology: The center focus being everything about the BALL, how it moves and how you use it. You will now have total control in how your body is positioned/angled when receiving passes. Since the ball is treated as a separate identity in game from the players themselves it will allow you so much freedom to play how you want to play. You will have 360 degree control with the ability to shield the ball and so much more.
- M.A.S.S. (Motion Animation Stability System): This being the “combat” between players; like tackling for control of the ball. PES 2014 will feature more styles of tackling bringing more realism to the game. And will allow for better and more advanced one-on one situations, the individual battle between players to come up with the ball.
- HEART: Bringing fans a more “emotional hook.” They want to increase the feeling of “Team” effort/support. Every player will have its own mental attributes as well as playing style and skills. This is effected by the game. This will also be seen via the mood of the fans.
- PES ID: Player ID system means players will be able to ID a player by their movements and play style, matching them to their “real-life counterpart.” In PES 2014 fans will get to see more stars, TWICE as many previously seen in other titles of the series. All of course featuring their own animations and AI.
- Team Play: You will be able to set up different tactics prior to playing that will allow you to exploit the other teams weaknesses.
- The Core: After years of consultation with the PES team and fans of the series they have been able to apply changes to series to better improve the game.
Check out what the Creative Producer Kei Masuda had to say about the new Engine below.
“Thinking outside the box for an annual series such as PES is not easy, but the Fox Engine has allowed us to develop such a level of freedom that we are constantly realizing ways of making PES 2014 a true representation of football. From the moment football fans pick up the controller and experiment with the close control, player movement and get to know how teams work and move, we are confident that they will see a game no longer limited by technology, but capable of growing with them and constantly surprising with the breath-taking quality they have to come to expect from the real thing.”
PES 2014 will be available later this year. For more information check out their Facebook page. Don’t forget to check out the screens below.